DOB : July 25th, 1979
Place : Annecy (74), France
I come from a family of parachutists and I did my first jump at the age of ten. I started jumping on my own in 1996, when I was 17 years old. I now have more than 15000 jumps under my belt.
I got a french skydiving instructors rating (BEES 1 with a specialism in AFF) in 2006 and my professional parachuting license in 2010. Between 2001 and 2009, I was a Freefly instructor for the Babylon school (Empuriabrava, Spain).
I also regularly participate in the organization of attempts on Freefly records.
- Co-organizer of the 2007 and 2011 French Freefly records (in Pujaut, France)
- Co-organizer of the 2005, 2007, 2009 and 2011 European Freefly records (in Empuriabrava, Spain)
- Co-organizer of the 2009/12 Freefly world records (in Chicago, USA)
In addition to wingsuit flying, B.A.S.E.-jumping, speedriding and wind tunnel flying, I also take part in numerous film shoots and shows:
- FreeFly B.A.S.E. Norway project: Performing Freefly B.A.S.E. figures off the highest cliffs in Europe
- “Largo Winch 2” film (released in February 2011): Stunt double and stuntman for the skydiving scenes.
- Freefly, wingsuit flying and high-speed synchronized landing displays at the Coupe Icare (Paragliding festival, in St Hilaire du Touvet, France), in 2006, 2009 and 2010.
- Nintendo 3DS commercial for the Pilotwings game: Filming skydiving figures
- A video clip for the Discovery Channel: A film on BASE jump, Freefly BASE and wingsuit flying (in Vercors, France). Released in July 2011
- Wingsuit flying and B.A.S.E.-jumping displays at the Flypa paragliding festival (in Tenerife) in 2008 www.flypa.es
- “Adrenalin hunters” film (for Ride the planet/Salomon) in 2006: Performing a B.A.S.E.-jumping sequence, wingsuit flying, Freeflying and extreme landings in the Dolomites with Loïc Jean-Albert and Antoine Montant (Soul Flyers).
- Movie « La nuit de la glisse » (2002, 2003) : Freefall moves and choreography, freefly (Empuriabrava, Spain)
Major achievements in Parachuting (Freeflying)
- 2009: Winner of the World Games – in Kaoshing (Taiwan)
- 2008: World Champion – in Maubeuge (France)
- 2006: World Champion – in Gera (Germany)
- 2005: Winner of the World Games – in Duisburg (Germany)
Winner of the World Cup – in Eloy (USA)
- 2004: World Champion – in Boituva (Brasil)
French Champion - in Vannes (France)
- 2003: Silver medal at the World Championships – in Tallard (France)
- 2002: French Champion – in Tarbes (France)
Fred’s Sports and disciplines:
Since 2001, with Loïc jean-Albert’s prototypes - 1500 jumps in total
Instructor and tester for the FLYYOURBODY brand
Since 2000, 800 jumps in total: urban jumps (bridges, buildings, antennas, cranes, and chimneys), cliff jumps and pionner of the « FreeflyBASE » discipline
Performing wingsuit BASE.jumps since 2006, proximity flying (close to the ground/cliffs), both alone and in formation flights.
Wind tunnel flying
A wind tunnel is a skydiving simulator. We use these to train with the French national team, but wind tunnel flying is also a sport in its own right, used for great precision in all skydiving movements.
Since 2004: 600 hours of wind tunnel flying
Participated in the Bedford World Challenge (2nd place in 2006)
A pioneer of speed riding in France – I been speeding riding since 2001 at Valfréjus (France’s most popular speed riding spot and world’s first speed riding school)
More than 3000 flights
Took part in the Speedflying Pro at les Arcs in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 www.speddflyingpro.com